BLP? What's That?

This group was originally started by, and exclusive to, members of the Blue Lake Ward of the LDS Church. Due to struggling membership levels and activity, it has been opened up to anyone in the area, provided they know a member of the group personally, and are invited to join by the group. The group now includes friends and family of the original members and, as a result, quite a few non-LDS members. We don't talk about the LDS church much, nor do we intentionally use the group as a vehicle to expose others to the church. It's really all about the board games and getting to gether to have good, clean fun.

We try get together on a regular basis (weekly) for game nights, and also band together on MaBi Web, Spiel by Web and BrettSpielWelt to play their online offerings.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Losing a Life Point to Take Another Action...

So, I've decided to try and get this thing up and running again.  I think it will be a great place to post comments and reviews and to have a central place to see upcoming gaming opportunities in the area.  BGG guilds already does this - sort of - but this place is ours and we can pimp it to our hearts desire. 

I've already updated the layout - added/deleted some things.  The Calendar is new and is linked to the guilds calendar.  It will fill up eventually.  Keep checking back...

I'm hoping that this will be a collaborative effort and will be fun for us a well.

So, in the spirit of Camelot I say:

What say ye, good sirs?  Will you join me in this, our quest, to permeate the air with board game goodness? 

What say ye?

3 comments:

ejmowrer said...

Sounds good. I'll try to put thoughts here when I have them. I see you just had to put Le Havre in the masthead ;).

dwbrallier said...

You caught that, eh? I had to put it up there...I love the game.

Feel free to change it. We could have a masthead battle!

dwbrallier said...

Oh, and we should switch out the good games list every once in a while, put yours or Nacho's up.