BLP? What's That?

This group was originally started by, and exclusive to, members of the Blue Lake Ward of the LDS Church. Due to struggling membership levels and activity, it has been opened up to anyone in the area, provided they know a member of the group personally, and are invited to join by the group. The group now includes friends and family of the original members and, as a result, quite a few non-LDS members. We don't talk about the LDS church much, nor do we intentionally use the group as a vehicle to expose others to the church. It's really all about the board games and getting to gether to have good, clean fun.

We try get together on a regular basis (weekly) for game nights, and also band together on MaBi Web, Spiel by Web and BrettSpielWelt to play their online offerings.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tannhauser


So, I was really excited to hear yesterday that Guardian Games went up to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle and met up with the folks from Fantasy Flight Games. While there, they managed to get a pre-release copy of Tannhauser!
Of course, since I'm so awesome, they let me open it and play with it today. I read through all the rules, punched everything, and played with the minis some while drooling on the board, but I didn't actually get it out to play yet.
My first impression is that you guys might not like it, as it is basically a tactical squad-level minis combat game that takes place on a board. It is basically a two-player game, with each player controlling a team of five characters. There are a few different ways to play the game, such as a standard deathmatch mode, a story mode with missions, and a capture-the-flag mode. The system is designed to be totally expandable, with many expansions already planned, with new boards, missions, characters/minis, and equipment.
I don't have time for more details right now, but I will say that it is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. The artwork is incredible. The minis come pre-painted, and are the same size and quality of the Marvel Heroes game(which are really nice, even though the game isn't liked by all).

Anyway... I can't wait until I can buy my own!

1 comment:

dwbrallier said...

Well, I checked it out on BGG and, although it's a wargame (I'm not usually into wargames), I'll give it a try. Looks cool anyway...