BLP? What's That?

This group was originally started by, and exclusive to, members of the Blue Lake Ward of the LDS Church. Due to struggling membership levels and activity, it has been opened up to anyone in the area, provided they know a member of the group personally, and are invited to join by the group. The group now includes friends and family of the original members and, as a result, quite a few non-LDS members. We don't talk about the LDS church much, nor do we intentionally use the group as a vehicle to expose others to the church. It's really all about the board games and getting to gether to have good, clean fun.

We try get together on a regular basis (weekly) for game nights, and also band together on MaBi Web, Spiel by Web and BrettSpielWelt to play their online offerings.

Friday, September 16, 2011

BrettSpielWelt Snobbery

Has anyone noticed an increase of snobbery on BSW? I understand the grandfathers of the group have hundreds if not thousands of plays (Dave). But lately it seems as though whatever game I initiate or ask to join is met with the question as to whether I am a "noob" or not. At this point I'm just going to randomly contact everyone to get games going instead of dealing with the ignorant masses. Also, lets coordinate our next game night. We have new blood that we can put through paces, Brant Stock.

3 comments:

ejmowrer said...

I've yet to come across this, but I understand that it does happen. My contact w/ random BSW players is pretty limited, though.

dwbrallier said...

I've only been asked this once or twice...once when I was trying to join a game of Tichu. It was annoying...

dwbrallier said...

Ok, next week, when is everyone free?

I've got Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday open.